Shoppers in High Wycombe are being urged to support Royal Star & Garter at their local Tesco stores.
The charity, which provides loving, compassionate care to veterans and their partners living with disability or dementia, is in the running for the Tesco Bags of Help scheme, which started in January and runs to the end of March.
It is hoping to win the top grant of £2,000, to spend on speech and language sessions to help residents at the state-of-the-art Royal Star & Garter Home in Hughenden Avenue communicate with friends and family.
Royal Star & Garter and two other good causes are vying for a share of £3,500, with the group taking the most votes receiving the £2,000 grant. The organisation with the second most votes will receive a grant of £1,000, and third place will walk away with £500.
Shoppers can vote for the charity at 10 stores in the High Wycombe area, using blue tokens received at the check-out.
Caley Eldred, Director of Supporter Engagement at Royal Star & Garter, said: “Speech and language therapy helps residents who struggle with talking due to illness or disability to learn to communicate again. This has an enormously positive impact on their lives, and is one of the many ways we go about improving the well-being of the people we care for in our Homes. By voting for Royal Star & Garter, Tesco shoppers can make a real difference to veterans’ lives.”
Shoppers can vote for Royal Star & Garter at the following Tesco stores:
- High Wycombe superstore, Eden Shopping Centre, HP11 2JD
- Loudwater superstore, London Road, HP10 9RT
- Wooburn Green Express, The Green HP10 0EU
- Wycombe North Express, Amersham Road, HP13 5AP
- High Wycombe South Express, Marlow Road, HP11 1TA
- Plomer Green Express, Plomer Green Lane, Downley, HP13 5UW
- Bourne End Express, The Parade, Woodburn Green, SL8 5SS
- High Wycombe New Express, New Road, HP12 4RQ
- Chapel Lane Express, Chapel Lane, HP12 4BY
- Stokenchurch Wycombe Road Tesco Express, Wycombe Road, HP14 3RN
The Charity hope High Wycombe shoppers will help them complete a welcome hat-trick. Its two other Homes in Solihull and Surbiton scooped the top grants in 2019 when taking part in the Tesco Bags of Help initiative.