Please Donate

Who we care for

We provide specialist residential nursing and dementia care for veterans in state-of-the-art, comfortable Homes in Solihull (West Midlands), Surbiton (Surrey) and our new Home in High Wycombe (Buckinghamshire). Most of our residents live with us on a permanent basis. We also provide care for people seeking short-break care. These may be younger disabled ex-Service people who are preparing for the transition to independent living. Or they may be somebody managing at home or recovering from illness who would like to be cared for temporarily.

Our fees

We aim to provide the highest quality of care for residents and to keep fees at an affordable level. They are benchmarked within the local area. Our weekly fee rates are set according to the type of care required.


Taken together, these fees do not cover the full cost of providing our specialist care. We provide a significant subsidy for all residents.

Solihull Home fees
Nursing care £1,500 per week
Dementia care £1,650 per week
Surbiton Home fees
Nursing care £1,700 per week
Dementia care £1,850 per week
High Wycombe Home fees
Nursing care £1,400 per week
Dementia care £1,550 per week

Funded Nursing Contribution (FNC)

Following admission to the Home, the Charity will contact the National Health Service (NHS) and ask them to carry out an assessment of the resident for the purposes of FNC. The FNC is a contribution towards the cost of the resident’s nursing care which the NHS can award if the resident meets the NHS’s eligibility criteria. The NHS will notify the resident whether FNC has been awarded.


If the NHS awards FNC, the NHS will make payments to the Charity. These payments are currently £187.60 per week. The Charity will set the receipt of FNC payments against amounts which are invoiced to the resident in respect of their care.


If the NHS does not award FNC following an assessment, then the resident or their family may liaise with the Home Manager to request a further FNC assessment by the NHS if the resident’s nursing care needs change.

Sources of funding

Before an application to live with us can progress, funding arrangements must be in place. For applicants seeking permanent residence, there are three possible sources of funding:


  • Self-Funding
  • Social Services Funding
  • NHS Continuing Care Funding

Self funding

An applicant with assets in excess of the threshold set by Government (currently £23,250) will be regarded as self-funding. The Charity includes the applicant’s share of any property when applying this threshold .

Social services funding

An applicant may be eligible for Social Services funding if the value of their assets are below the figure set by the Government (currently £23,250). In this case the applicant will need to apply to their local Social Services Department for an assessment of needs. The Charity is prepared to enter into negotiations with Social Services Departments in order to attempt to agree an appropriate level of funding.

NHS Continuing Care Funding

Some residents with significant nursing care needs may qualify for 100 per cent NHS funding. If you would like to discuss how to apply for NHS Continuing Care Funding, please contact one of our Homes.

Veterans Agency funding

Applicants in receipt of 100 per cent War Disability Pensions and a full attendance allowance may apply to the Veterans Agency for consideration for funding for short-break care. The Veterans Agency does not provide funding for long-term care.

How to apply

If you have any questions or would like to discuss applying to live in one of our Homes please get in touch.

Get in touch to find out more about the care we provide.