Please Donate

Complaints policy

We aim to provide the best possible care and service, and your views are important to us. If there is something you are not happy about, or you can see an area in which improvement is needed, please tell us.


To make a complaint you can inform us either verbally, in a letter, telephone, via an email or during a meeting.

By letter: The Home Manager, Royal Star & Garter, Upper Brighton Road, Surbiton. KT6 6JY
By telephone: 020 8339 5100
By letter: The Home Manager, Royal Star & Garter, Tudor Coppice, Solihull, B91 3DE
By telephone: 0121 711 6330
High Wycombe
By letter: The Home Manager, Royal Star & Garter, Hughenden Avenue High Wycombe, HP13 5GG
By telephone: 01494 927 555

You can also send us an email to, or if you prefer you can send us a message using the form below.

If more appropriate, please ask a friend, relative or advocate to assist you.


There is a suggestion box at Reception if you prefer to make an anonymous complaint or comment. On notice boards in care areas we ask if you have any feedback and to contact the Home Manager if you do.


You can also ask the Home Manager for a copy of our full complaints policy.

Who will manage the complaint?

The Home Manager is responsible for managing complaints and they may seek the advice of the Quality Assurance Manager and Hospitality Services Manager.

What happens next?

You will receive a letter of acknowledgement to a written complaint within 3 working days of the complaint being received.  We can also provide a written acknowledgement to verbal complaints.


A full written response will be provided by the Home Manager within 14 working days from the date of the acknowledgement letter. If the investigation is likely to take longer, you will be kept informed. The letter will provide comprehensive details of the investigation into the matters raised and advise you of the final outcome. The complaint will be fully investigated by someone independent of the situation.

What if I am not happy with the outcome?

If you are not happy with the outcome or response to your complaint, please write to the Director of Care & Service Development, Royal Star & Garter, 15 Castle Mews, Hampton TW12 2NP who will carry out further investigations and will write to you within working 14 days (of the complaint being referred) to advise you of the outcome. The Director of Care will be open and transparent in their findings.

Is there anywhere else I can go to?

A number of external organisation’s contact details are listed here:


Independent Age

6 Avonmore Road


W14 8RL

Tel: 020 7605 4200

Fax: 020 7605 4201



Healthwatch Kingston upon Thames

Kingston Quaker Centre

Fairfield East

Kingston upon Thames


Tel: 020 8974 6629


If your care is funded in part or whole by the local authority then contact:


Adult Social Care Services

The Royal Borough of Kingston Upon Thames


High Street



Tel: 020 8547 4716


If your care is funded in part or whole by the Kingston Continuing Care Group (CCG) you can contact the customer care officer directly:


Customer Care Officer

Leigh Broggi

Tel: 020 39419911



Age UK

Raleigh House

14 Nelson Road

New Malden


Tel: 020 8942 8256


Healthwatch Solihull

Enterprise Centre

1 Hedingham Grove

Chelmunds Cross

Chelmsley Wood


B37 7TP

Tel: 0330 122 7453


If your care is funded in part or whole by the local authority then contact:


Adult Social Care Services

Solihull Council

Council House

Manor Square


B91 3QB

Tel: 0121 704 8007


If your care is funded in part or whole by the Birmingham and Solihull Clinical Commissioning Group Continuing Care Group (CCG):


Birmingham and Solihull CCG

Bartholomew House

142 Hagley Road



B16 9PA

Tel: 0121 611 0499

High Wycombe

Age UK – Buckinghamshire

145 Meadowcroft


HP19 9HH

Telephone: 01296 431 911



Healthwatch  Bucks

Centre Parade

Place Farm Way

Monks Risborough

HP27 9JS

Tel 01844 348839



If your care is funded in part of whole by the local authority then contact:


Buckinghamshire Adult Social Care

County Hall

Walton St


HP20 1UA

Tel: 01296 383 204



If your care is funded in part of whole by the Buckinghamshire Clinical Commissioning Care Group (CCG) then contact:


Buckinghamshire CCG

C/o Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust

Albert House

Queen Victoria Road

High Wycombe

HP11 1AG

Tel : 01865 902861


Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

If your care is fully funded by the NHS, you can complain to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

Tel: 0345 015 4033


Care Quality Commission (CQC)

The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is a public body responsible for regulation of Care Homes. They are unable to deal with individual complaints but are interested to hear your views:


London Region





Tel: 03000 616 161

Fax: 03000 616 172


If you are still unhappy with the response you could contact:


The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGO)

The LGO can review a complaint and provides a free, independent service for people who fund their own care:


The Local Government Ombudsman

PO Box 4771



Advice Team Tel: 0300 061 0614

Or text ‘callback’ to 0762 481 1595


Last update: 03.02.2020